Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 3D range problem

I need to calculate standard deviation for data located on multiple
worksheets. The problem is that the number of worksheets changes from time to
time. I want the calculation to automatically adjust to include data from the
third worksheet up however many worksheets there are in the workbook at the
time.

Searching for ways to do this leads me to believe there were
"get.workbook()" and "get.document()" functions in older versions of Excel
that can be used in Define|Names, but I can't find a reference for the
arguments (I do know that (76) gives current sheet name, and (87) gives
current sheet position).

Any thoughts on how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

if it is a common range in each worksheet, try
insert a worksheet before Worksheet 3
Name it "Start"
add a worksheet after the last worksheet
Name it "Last"

=stedev(Start:Last!range)

insert any new worksheets between
Start and Last