Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKO BKO is offline

Default Error suppressing with INDEX/MATCH

Hi, To prevent th nasty #NA in my sheet, I use

=IF(ERROR(MATCH( .... ));"";INDEX( .. ;MATCH( ...))

But now the aclculation time has increesed dramaticaly,

Is there another way to do this

Thanks a lot if anyone could help me with this

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

to just not show th e#NA, one method is to use conditional formating to make
the font color white when an error occurs
<format<conditional formating
formula is =iserror(A1)
format-font-color-white

"BKO" wrote:

Hi, To prevent th nasty #NA in my sheet, I use

=IF(ERROR(MATCH( .... ));"";INDEX( .. ;MATCH( ...))

But now the aclculation time has increesed dramaticaly,

Is there another way to do this

Thanks a lot if anyone could help me with this

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you are only worried about this at print time and you are using Excel
2003, choose File, Page Setup, Sheet tab, set Cell errors as <blank.

If you are using 2007 replace the IF function with IFERROR. Using that
function you will only call the MATCH and INDEX functions once.

Minor changes - change ISERROR to ISNA and if you use the Conditional
Formatting approach change the conditional formatting formula to =ISNA(C5)
and set the font as stated to white.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire