Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel?

How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel? Please help me in this regard!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel?

Excel Functions

The ARABIC function in Excel is used to convert a Roman numeral to its corresponding Arabic numeral. Here's how to use it:
  1. In a cell, type in the Roman numeral you want to convert.
  2. In another cell, type in the formula "
    Formula:
    =ARABIC(cell reference
    " where "cell reference" is the reference to the cell containing the Roman numeral.
  3. Press Enter and the Arabic numeral will be displayed.

For example, if you want to convert the Roman numeral "XVIII" to its Arabic equivalent, you would type "XVIII" in cell A1 and "
Formula:
=ARABIC(A1
" in cell A2. The result in cell A2 would be "18".

The ARPERS function in Excel is used to calculate the depreciation of an asset for a specific period using the arithmetic declining balance method. Here's how to use it:
  1. In a cell, type in the initial cost of the asset.
  2. In another cell, type in the salvage value of the asset (i.e. the value of the asset at the end of its useful life).
  3. In another cell, type in the useful life of the asset (in years).
  4. In another cell, type in the period for which you want to calculate the depreciation (in years).
  5. In another cell, type in the formula "
    Formula:
    =ARPERS(initial costsalvage valueuseful lifeperiod
    " where "initial cost", "salvage value", "useful life", and "period" are the cell references for the values you entered in steps 1-4.
  6. Press Enter and the depreciation for the specified period will be displayed.

For example, if you have an asset with an initial cost of $10,000, a salvage value of $1,000, a useful life of 5 years, and you want to calculate the depreciation for the second year, you would type "10000" in cell A1, "1000" in cell A2, "5" in cell A3, and "2" in cell A4. In cell A5, you would type "
Formula:
=ARPERS(A1A2A3A4
". The result in cell A5 would be the depreciation for the second year.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

They're not standard Excel functions. If they are user defined functions,
you'll need to ask the suppliers.
--
David Biddulph

"ANJAN" wrote in message
How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel? Please help me in this
regard!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm delighted to hear that I'm wrong and that you've found the answer to
your question. Presumably as they are standard Excel functions your Excel
help will tell you what they do? It would be useful if you could share that
information for the benefit of other users of the group who can't find
information on those functions in their Excel installations. Perhaps your
Excel is in a language other than English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish,
Finnish, Italian, Swedish, or Portugese, which were the only languages I had
checked, or perhaps it is a different version (I am using Excel 2003)?
--
David Biddulph

"ANJAN" wrote in message
How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel? Please help me in this
regard!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But you're still convinced that they are standard Excel functions? What
language? What version of Excel? What do you mean by the "functions menu"?
Is this the list you get from Insert/ Function ... (or the fx button)? If
it is in that list, is there not a "Help on this function" link in the
bottom left hand corner of the dialogue box?
--
David Biddulph

"ANJAN" wrote in message
How to use Ara and ARP fucntions on Ms Excel? Please help me in
this
regard!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 15, 1:02 am, ANJAN wrote:
Those are standard functions and are available in functions menu.

I do not find these functions in my English version of Excel 2003, and
nothing about them turns up in a Google search.

What language and version of Excel are you using?

And can you provide a short description of what the Ara and ARP
functions are supposed to do?