Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel expert with data

I have a list of twenty English Course Descriptions in a drop down in A1.
When I select a specific English Course for the drop down list I want the
respective couse code # to appear in A2. Like this..........
1 English 9p
2 00032

I can create a drop down for course code #'s but would perfer Excel to
search and place the course code for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can return a value to A2 using VLOOKUP formula to return the data
based upon selection from DV list.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP