Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif?

Hello all.
Ok.... I have a table of data. Some are duplicated, and I'd like to find out
which one's, and how many.
I've got six columns of 5 digit#'s, spread out with match(), and countif()
in each subsequent column, and I want to do a "bulk" countif, just counting
the 5 digit#'s. I did try a countifs(), and that doesn't apply for my
situation here.
I.e.,
ColA ColB ColC ColD
12345 match() countif(A1:J100,A1) 56789 ......
....... ...... ..... .......

Here's the catch.
Because of everything else within the group-- a match equation to make sure
I have everything needed, I wanted to place the countif at the end of each
individual grouping, and it of course returns a circular reference error.
So, my question is:
I need to countif, or something to count all incidences of my 5 digit
numbers to determine if there are duplicates, and which ones.
How can I have a count if that will account for 6 range columns, without
creating a circular reference?
you'll ask me then why not just place them in a single column.
I had placed them all in a single column before and after I'd processed
everything I found other errors that I wasn't previously anticipating; so
I've placed them all back in columns-- accounting for their source location,
an important aspect in this specific case.
If this isn't clear enough, send me an email, and I'll forward a sample in
xls. Oh, I am working in 2007 if that matters. We however save our files in
compatible mode.

As always, thank you, in advance.
Best.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

e-mail address?

from toppers at REMOVETHISjohntopley.fsnet.co.uk

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Hello all.
Ok.... I have a table of data. Some are duplicated, and I'd like to find out
which one's, and how many.
I've got six columns of 5 digit#'s, spread out with match(), and countif()
in each subsequent column, and I want to do a "bulk" countif, just counting
the 5 digit#'s. I did try a countifs(), and that doesn't apply for my
situation here.
I.e.,
ColA ColB ColC ColD
12345 match() countif(A1:J100,A1) 56789 ......
...... ...... ..... .......

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve

You can send it to me as an xlsx file if you want.
Remove NOSPAM from my address.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"SteveDB1" wrote in message
Hello all.
Ok.... I have a table of data. Some are duplicated, and I'd like to
find out
which one's, and how many.
I've got six columns of 5 digit#'s, spread out with match(), and
countif()
in each subsequent column, and I want to do a "bulk" countif, just
counting
the 5 digit#'s. I did try a countifs(), and that doesn't apply for my
situation here.
I.e.,
ColA ColB ColC ColD
12345 match() countif(A1:J100,A1) 56789 ......