Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PS PS is offline

Default LOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH (?) Formula

Let me preface this by saying I have limited experience with formulas (and,
frankly, Excel). I've tried a few different formulas that use INDEX, MATCH,
LOOKUP, etc. but I cannot get it work.

I've got two workbooks - ONE logs in time spent on a task for each day of
the year, TWO is a weekly timesheet.

I want TWO to retrieve the data from ONE where the dates match and there is
a time entry for the date & task -- filling in the task & time spent in the
appropriate column. (As the year progresses the tasks list will grow longer
and they may not be performed every day.)

ONE (task list) is like this:
A B C D E
1| Task 6/11/07 6/12/07 6/13/07 etc€¦
2| US Sales
3| Disk Cleanup 0.25 0.25
4| SymantecSC 0.25 0.25
5| Sys144 2.00
6|
7| Foreign
8| 2067 0.25 0.75
9|
10| Canadian
11| 1821 3.00 0.25 0.5
12| 2153 0.5

TWO (timesheet) is like this:

A B C D E F G
1| Task 6/11/07 6/12/07 6/13/07 6/14/07 6/15/07 WeeklyHrs
2| US Sales
3| Task1 (from ONE US)
4| Task2
5| Task3