Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with function/formula please!!!

Hi! I am trying to write a formula that will calculate sales tax and add
shipping charges and I am not sure how to go about it.
I need the whole column formatted this way.
Example:
F4 is 24.95
I need E4 to be equal to 24.95 + 7.99 (shipping) +8.25% sales tax.

I have one for calculating commission but how do I apply it to the entire
column?
Currently it is =SUM(F7)/4
If you have a better suggestion for that one, I would appreciate it.
Example:
F4 is 24.95
G4 should reflect a 25% commission of that so 6.24 would be the entry in G4.

Please help!!!
Thanks soooo much!
Sabrina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need E4 to be equal to 24.95 + 7.99 (shipping) +8.25% sales tax.

Do you want to apply the tax against 24.95 or (24.95+7.99)?

To apply the tax against just the 24.95:

=IF(F4="",0,ROUND(F4*1.0825,2)+7.99)

To apply the tax against 24.95+7.99:

=IF(F4="",0,ROUND((F4+7.99)*1.0825,2))

F4 is 24.95
G4 should reflect a 25% commission of that so 6.24 would be the entry in
G4.

=ROUND(F4/4,2)

Biff

"Ssuzs" wrote in message
Hi! I am trying to write a formula that will calculate sales tax and add
shipping charges and I am not sure how to go about it.
I need the whole column formatted this way.
Example:
F4 is 24.95
I need E4 to be equal to 24.95 + 7.99 (shipping) +8.25% sales tax.

I have one for calculating commission but how do I apply it to the entire
column?
Currently it is =SUM(F7)/4
If you have a better suggestion for that one, I would appreciate it.
Example:
F4 is 24.95
G4 should reflect a 25% commission of that so 6.24 would be the entry in
G4.

Please help!!!
Thanks soooo much!
Sabrina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you give us an example of a value in F4 for which the formula didn't
give the correct answer? And be sure to tell us what you think the correct
answer should have been.

Rick

"Ssuzs" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sure! The vital information is this:
Column E should be the TOTAL order amount (Cost+S&H+Tax)
Column F should be the COST of the original item purchased (NO tax, NO s&H)
Column G should be the COMMISSION EARNED for the transaction, which is 25%
of the F (COST).

So if someone purchases a product for 24.95
a. I need a formula that will calculate the commission, which in this case,
should be 6.24
b. I need one that will calculate the TOTAL order amount. So 24.95+7.99 with
8.25% sales tax added to that sum. That total in this example should be 35.66

AND I AM A BIG JERK. It does work....THANKS BIFF!!!! I had my S&H entered as
6.95 and it is supposed to be 7.99. I AM SOOOO SORRY.

But how do I apply that formula (=IF(F4="",0,ROUND((F4+7.99)*1.0825,2)) to
all the transactions, not just the F4 transaction?

"Ssuzs" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But how do I apply that formula (=IF(F4="",0,ROUND((F4+7.99)*1.0825,2)) to
all the transactions, not just the F4 transaction?

Well, if you have a range of price cells, like F4:F10 :

=IF(COUNT(F4:F10),ROUND((SUM(F4:F10)+7.99)*1.0825, 2),0)

That assumes S&H is charged for the entire order and not each individual
item.

biff