Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text?

Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

FormatRowsAutofit with cells set to Wrap Text under FormatCellsAlignment

NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
code to change row heights.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:22:00 -0700, DonnaTypes01
wrote:

Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't see a reply to "Laisviak" last question, so I am replying in the
hope of getting an answer. I too have done all I can to adjust row height
and wrap text, but it is not working.

I have Outlook 2007, cells are all formated to Text, wrap, allignment
general and top

Some of the cells wrap and auto height the rows to show all of the text

Some of the cells will not auto height the rows and if I manually expand the
row using my cursor, the text still does not show. It only shows when I
double click the cell.

I have hightlighted all rows and chose auto-row height and still some cells
will not adjust.

Thanks

wrote:

Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm having the same problem as AnnieB. Have auto row height set, word wrap,
etc. Have not maxed out in the # characters/cell. Auto height worked when
only approx 50 characters, but now, as more text added, only getting the ####
error -- even when manually increasing the row height. Can see the actual
text when the cell is double clicked.

Please - does someone have a solution? Am using home version Excel 2007 and
Vista OS.