Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default matching & sorting data

I have a worksheet with two columns each containing thousands of UPC codes.
I'm trying to line up the data so that I can find matching UPCs between the 2
columns(I'd like my matching UPCs to appear in the same row). Here's a more
visual description.

What I have: How I'd like it to be sorted:
A B A B
514 687 201
236 514 236
687 201 514 514
687 687

Thanks a bunch,
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you just want to know if a code in A also appears in B, use
in C1 the formula =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) and copy down the column (double click
the fill handle - small square in lower right corner of active cell)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme