Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert SMITH to Smith and JONES to Jones?

I have a big worksheet containing last names with all capitol letters. I
would like to convert the case of the names so that SMITH will become Smith
and JONES will become Jones. How can I accomplish this? I will appreciate
advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a big worksheet containing last names with all capitol letters. I
would like to convert the case of the names so that SMITH will become
Smith
and JONES will become Jones. How can I accomplish this? I will
appreciate
advice.

In whichever column you are going to make use of these converted names, use
the PROPER function to do that conversion.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say your list starts in A1...

Type in B1 =Proper(A1) and use fill handle to the end of your list.

CopyPaste SpecialValues

Hope this helps,

Gav.