Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to delete the first word in every cell in a column

Hi - I have a long list of names (first name and sirname) and I have just
divided this list into 2 columnes. The first column now contains the first
name and I want to delete this first name from the second column (that
contains both names), so that the second column only contains the
sirnames....How is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could have done it all in one operation but here you are. Select the
column with both names in and then:-

data:text to columns

If you follow the wizard it will split yura dat into 2 columns. As you
already have a forename column delete one of those.

Mike

"Berit" wrote:

Hi - I have a long list of names (first name and sirname) and I have just
divided this list into 2 columnes. The first column now contains the first
name and I want to delete this first name from the second column (that
contains both names), so that the second column only contains the
sirnames....How is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Also, you can tell the wizard to skip the first column, i.e., NOT import it,
which would leave you only with a single column of text. No duplicate data
and no need to delete a column