Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Invalid data circle disappers

I am just learning how to use Data Validation in an online college course I
am taking. My assignment is to set the Data Validation to warning and then
deliberately enter invalid data to set off the warning. Then I am supposed to
use the Formula Auditing toolbar to hightlight the invalid data and make the
red circle appear.

Everything works great until I try to protect or save the workbook, then the
red circle around the invalid data disappears and the Formula Auditing
toolbar is greyed out in the areas I need to use.

Has anyone got an answer for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I do have the data in that cell
unlocked. The funny thing is that this isn't happening on the other
worksheet in the workbook. Same exact information but that worksheet
contains my formulas because I checked off the ""Tools", "Formula Auditing",
Formula Auditing Mode"

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi,

I've never played with Data Validation - Warning before but
I think you may need to unlock the cells that you applied
the validation to.
Select cells and goto Format CellsProtection Tab and
uncheck 'Locked'.

HTH
Martin

"Excel(lent) student" <Excel(lent) wrote
in message ...