Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get a unique number on a form when I open it each time?

I want to create a form/template that an end user can open each time and have
a unique number appear in a field. Would like the number to be incremental,
if possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe something like this........

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim username
username = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item("aut hor")
Range("a1").Value = username & "-" & Date & "-" & Time
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Patti" wrote:

I want to create a form/template that an end user can open each time and have
a unique number appear in a field. Would like the number to be incremental,
if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Patti

You will need to employ a little VBA.