Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding a date prompt to get external information

I am trying to add a prompt for a date to make my external data pull from a
certain date only does anybody know how to do this. I am pulling from a SQL
Database and have to have a date prompt or I exceed the row limits set in
excel. I don't think it can be done but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks for
the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,
yes it can be done. what method are you using? post your code.
in your SQL statement you will need to add a where clauseafter the select...
where datefield = [what date?]

regards
FSt1

"Traci" wrote:

I am trying to add a prompt for a date to make my external data pull from a
certain date only does anybody know how to do this. I am pulling from a SQL
Database and have to have a date prompt or I exceed the row limits set in
excel. I don't think it can be done but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks for
the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I will post the code when I get to my work pc I need the sql code to look at
the excel sheet for the date and do not know how to write that code or if
that can be done. The sheet if for several people that do not know sql and I
can not have them changing the code. Still doable or not. Will post code on
a bit. Thanks for the reply.

"Traci" wrote:

I am trying to add a prompt for a date to make my external data pull from a
certain date only does anybody know how to do this. I am pulling from a SQL
Database and have to have a date prompt or I exceed the row limits set in
excel. I don't think it can be done but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks for
the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The code is :
SELECT ar_aging_tbl.ar_bill_key, ar_aging_tbl.en_bill_name,
ar_aging_tbl.ar_ivhdr_key, ar_aging_tbl.OrigAmt, ar_aging_tbl.amt_due,
ar_aging_tbl.InvoiceDate, ar_aging_tbl.tran_date_key,
ar_aging_tbl.ar_terms_desc, ar_aging_tbl.NotDue, ar_aging_tbl.c1To30,
ar_aging_tbl.c31To60, ar_aging_tbl.c61
FROM Ad26_Live.dbo.ar_aging_tbl ar_aging_tbl
ORDER BY ar_aging_tbl.ar_bill_key
I need to put the date in the excel sheet and have the sql get it from the
sheet I specify. I am not sure if this can be done. If anyone has any info
please let me know. Thanks