Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Yan Yan is offline

Default Large and if function!

Hello!

I Have a problem i try to solve...

I am building a Bowling spreadsheet workbook...
I am trying to do something, since they are assigning PTS, by total
pinfall....

What i want to do is to ask excel to look into a specific colums and find
the largest number score 1 trought 10, since they have 10 teams, then when
each score is found, depending on the largest number to the smallest, we
assign pts....10 to 0...

ex: Team 1 = 3500 pin fall
Team 2 = 3450 pin fall

Then Team 1 will get 10pts, and Team will have 9 pts and so on...

I know thE =LARGE command, but i need to had another command to it...

Ex: =large($a$1:$a$5,1),=large($a$1:$a$5,2), what i need to had is telling
the formulas to display 10pts for the largest number, and so on....

can someone help me?

Sorry! for my writing, I am French and sometime is does not sound right!

Yan