Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index Max Off other sheet

Hello everyone, so far I've gathered the data I need in my spreadsheet, but I
was wondering if the forumla could be condensed a bit or simplified.

I have three columns, all for different launch periods, each product has a
buy quantity per launch period, and that product is only bought once per that
season. Something like below. So what I have now are the below forumlas
that bring back the quantities based on an index formula. I dont really need
the quantities, all I need is the launch period heading, but I cant figure
out how in a bit simpler way that I have now.

Item June August October Launch
Blackberry Pearl 2000 June
8300 6000 August
Curve 1000 October

Quantity Formula
=INDEX('Line Review Link'!$R$2:$R$6500,MATCH($B3&LEFT($I3,6),'Line Review
Link'!$I$2:$I$6500&'Line Review Link'!$L$2:$L$6500,0))

Each index gets shifted from R to S to T to pick up on the periods defined.

=INDEX(U2:W2,MATCH(MAX(U3:W3),U3:W3,0))

Brings back the Period

Is there just a way to look at the array sheet and do all of this work in
one simpler formula in one cell instead of using four cells?

The the Launch formula looks at those quantiies returned