Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIF

I am using a COUNTIF formula to pick up the number of inputted data in cells
for example AL, HAL, TO, PD etc which works a treat.

Is there a way I can input two text items in one cell...say AL and TO for
the COUNTIF formula to still pick up the correct data or do I need to rework
my formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 2:05 pm, browneyedgirl_x
wrote:
I am using a COUNTIF formula to pick up the number of inputted data in cells
for example AL, HAL, TO, PD etc which works a treat.

Is there a way I can input two text items in one cell...say AL and TO for
the COUNTIF formula to still pick up the correct data or do I need to rework
my formula?

What exactly do you want? If you are looking for AL and a cell
contains AL-TO, you want it to count it as AL? if so:

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("AL",A$1:$A$100)))

Where A1:A100 hold your data.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides