-   -   Date format problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/145302-date-format-problem.html)

Natalie

Date format problem

Hi all,

The dates in my column are preceded by and apostrophe. Anyone knows a quick
way to get rid of the apostrophe. I have about 3000 rows on the spreadsheet.

This is how the date appear

€˜ 04/05/2007

To get rid of it I back space or delete the apostrophe.

Thanks for your help!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Date format problem

If they're all in that format, and you want to turn then into numbers,
rather than text with a space at the beginning, then use =--RIGHT(A12,10) If
you merely want to remove the apostrophe and leave a text string starting
with a space, then you could use =RIGHT(A12,11)
--
David Biddulph

"Natalie" wrote in message
Hi all,

The dates in my column are preceded by and apostrophe. Anyone knows a
quick
way to get rid of the apostrophe. I have about 3000 rows on the
spreadsheet.

This is how the date appear

' 04/05/2007

To get rid of it I back space or delete the apostrophe.

Thanks for your help!

JMB

Date format problem

Try selecting your data then click Data/Text To Columns

Step 1: Select Delimited
Step 2: Uncheck any delimiters that are selected
Step 3: Under Data Format, select Data and MDY

Test it on a sample of your data to see if it works first. After the data
is changed to numeric you can reformat to your desired date format using
Cells/Format.

"Natalie" wrote:

Hi all,

The dates in my column are preceded by and apostrophe. Anyone knows a quick
way to get rid of the apostrophe. I have about 3000 rows on the spreadsheet.

This is how the date appear

€˜ 04/05/2007

To get rid of it I back space or delete the apostrophe.

Thanks for your help!

bj

Date format problem

select the column
<data<text to column
<delimited<next<next
<date then either MDY or DMY depending on whether the date is to month day
or day month
<finish

"Natalie" wrote:

Hi all,

The dates in my column are preceded by and apostrophe. Anyone knows a quick
way to get rid of the apostrophe. I have about 3000 rows on the spreadsheet.

This is how the date appear

€˜ 04/05/2007

To get rid of it I back space or delete the apostrophe.

Thanks for your help!

NilsIvar

Date format problem

Another option is to use
Edit/Replace
Search for €˜ and leave the replace box empty.
This will remove the €˜
--
HTH

NilsIvar