Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating an IF / AND statement

Is there a way to create an if statment that involves two different cells;
ie "IF B2=3, AND C2=1, YES, NOT YET"

I've tried: =IF(B2=3,(AND(C2=1,"YES","Not yet")))
but it returns a #Value! error.

Thank you!

--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you TOM & PETE!!
It worked perfect.

Have an awesome day. ;)

--
Thanks, Pat

"Pat" wrote:

Is there a way to create an if statment that involves two different cells;
ie "IF B2=3, AND C2=1, YES, NOT YET"

I've tried: =IF(B2=3,(AND(C2=1,"YES","Not yet")))
but it returns a #Value! error.

Thank you!

--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry PCLive . . . I don't see your answer . . . but yes Thank you! ;o
--
Thanks, Pat

"PCLIVE" wrote:

What am I? Chopped Liver?!!!
You're welcome anyway.

"Pat" wrote:

Is there a way to create an if statment that involves two different
cells;
ie "IF B2=3, AND C2=1, YES, NOT YET"

I've tried: =IF(B2=3,(AND(C2=1,"YES","Not yet")))
but it returns a #Value! error.

Thank you!

--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's ok. I was just kidding anyway. My response was the first one.
Maybe it was too quick. Anyway, it was the same as the others and you got
the correct answer...that's what's important. Good luck on your project.

Regards,
Paul

"Pat" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Sorry PCLive . . . I don't see your answer . . . but yes Thank you! ;o
--
Thanks, Pat

"PCLIVE" wrote:

What am I? Chopped Liver?!!!