Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default TimeSheet calculatons Overnights

We have a shift that runs from 19:00 until 07:00 the next day. How can I get
Excel to calculate the hours without the necessity of adding a date to the
cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Don

With start time in A1 and end time in B1
=MOD(B1-A1,1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"DonElston" wrote in message
We have a shift that runs from 19:00 until 07:00 the next day. How
can I get
Excel to calculate the hours without the necessity of adding a date to
the
cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MOD(B1-A1,1)
or
=(B1-A1)+(A1B1)

"DonElston" wrote:

We have a shift that runs from 19:00 until 07:00 the next day. How can I get
Excel to calculate the hours without the necessity of adding a date to the
cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Start time =A1
End time = B1

Try:-

=(B1-A1+(B1<A1))*24

Mike

"DonElston" wrote:

We have a shift that runs from 19:00 until 07:00 the next day. How can I get
Excel to calculate the hours without the necessity of adding a date to the
cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THanks so much, it worked great.

DOn