-   -   how to change coloum to row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/145078-how-change-coloum-row.html)

sangeet

how to change coloum to row

hi

in one of my application i need to change my colum data to row data
is there any formula to resolve this

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it

please help me to over come this problem

thanks in advance
regards
sangeet

Sue

how to change coloum to row

When you did transpose did you copy just the data in the column or the entire
column?

"sangeet" wrote:

hi

in one of my application i need to change my colum data to row data
is there any formula to resolve this

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it

please help me to over come this problem

thanks in advance
regards
sangeet

Toppers

how to change coloum to row

Are you changing a single column to a single row? What are from/to ranges?

Copy=Paste Special=Transpose

should work.

"sangeet" wrote:

hi

in one of my application i need to change my colum data to row data
is there any formula to resolve this

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it

please help me to over come this problem

thanks in advance
regards
sangeet

Mike H

how to change coloum to row

Sangeet,

Only copy the data you want to transpose not the entire column or you will
get an error.

Mike

"sangeet" wrote:

hi

in one of my application i need to change my colum data to row data
is there any formula to resolve this

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it

please help me to over come this problem

thanks in advance
regards
sangeet

bj

how to change coloum to row

if the column has equations which use relative and not absolute references,
the paste special transpose will give you problems.
give an example of the ytpe of data you want to transpose and from where to
where, and we can probably give some suggestions.

"sangeet" wrote:

hi

in one of my application i need to change my colum data to row data
is there any formula to resolve this

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it

please help me to over come this problem

thanks in advance
regards
sangeet

Max

how to change coloum to row

i had tried TRANSPOSE option but i had not able to do it ..

Assume you are trying to make a dynamic transpose
of Sheet1's A2:A4 in Sheet2's B1:D1 using TRANSPOSE

In Sheet2,

Select B1:D1, then put in the formula bar:
=TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!A2:A4)
Array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
(instead of just pressing ENTER)
--
Max
Singapore