Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Basic formula - forgotton !!

I used a basic feature in Excel on Friday evening and I have forgotton how to
do it again::::

The cell reads like so:
=TEXT(C5,"mm/yy)

I want this to auto "grow and fill" as the database increases...

I know this is possible as I have it working in three places already but I
have had complete brain failure...please help.

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mark,

The formula is short of a set of quotes, it should be =TEXT(C5,"mm/yy")

I'm not sure what you mean by "grow & fill" but you can certainly drag the
formula.
Dragging down will cause C5 to become C6 etc.

Mike

"Mark Allen" wrote:

I used a basic feature in Excel on Friday evening and I have forgotton how to
do it again::::

The cell reads like so:
=TEXT(C5,"mm/yy)

I want this to auto "grow and fill" as the database increases...

I know this is possible as I have it working in three places already but I
have had complete brain failure...please help.

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes that worked but then it does not auto update when additional rows are
added...

Any more ideas...

Mark