Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array Formula Using LOOKUP function.

I hope someone can help me on this.

I am using a third party software on top of an Excel Workbook. This
software does not support the use of the Excel function INDIRECT.

The following formula works in my Excel model return the expected value of
201.

={SUM(IF(AccountID=$J$1,IF(BusinessUnitID=$J$2,IF( DepartmentID=$C8,INDIRECT(LOOKUP(I3,COA!N3:N14,COA !Q3:Q14)),0),0),0))}

Unfortunately, when I remove the INDIRECT function from the formula a value
of ZERO (0) is returned.

So,

={SUM(IF(AccountID=$J$1,IF(BusinessUnitID=$J$2,IF( DepartmentID=$C8,LOOKUP(I3,COA!N3:N14,COA!Q3:Q14), 0),0),0))}

Doesn't work.

I have tried everything I can think of. The problem I have is the data I
wish to SUM in the SUM(IF formula is a variable column reference based upon
separate criteria.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something like this array formula?:

=SUM(IF(AccountID=$J$1,IF(BusinessUnitID=$J$2,IF(D epartmentID=$C8,CHOOSE(MATCH(I3,COA!N3:N14,0),AOCT ,ANOV,ADEC,AJAN,AFEB,AMAR,AAPR,AMAY,AJUN,AJUL,AAUG ,ASEP)),0),0))

Note: Since text wrap may impact the display, there are no space in that
formula.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually, this regular formula may be easiser:

=IF(AND(AccountID=$J$1,BusinessUnitID=$J$2,Departm entID=$C8),SUM(CHOOSE(MATCH(I3,COA!N3:N14,0),AOCT, ANOV,ADEC,AJAN,AFEB,AMAR,AAPR,AMAY,AJUN,AJUL,AAUG, ASEP)),0)

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess your assumption is that the defined names: AccountID,
BusinessUnitID and DepartmentID are *single* cells?

Bet'cha an adult beverage they're arrays!

Sumproduct

Biff

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The defined names are arrays. Currently 824 rows.

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was pretty much concentrating on the right side of the formula, but as Biff
suspected and luchshel confirmed, all of the named ranges are multi-cell
arrays.

Consequently.....How about this regular formula?:

=SUMPRODUCT((AccountID=$J$1)*(BusinessUnitID=$J$2) *(DepartmentID=$C8)*(CHOOSE(MATCH(I3,COA!N3:N14,0) ,AOCT,ANOV,ADEC,AJAN,AFEB,AMAR,AAPR,AMAY,AJUN,AJUL ,AAUG,ASEP)))

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A debt is owed to you my friend.

Everyting appears to be in working order.

Many thanks for your assistance Ron.

I'll cover Ron on the adult beverage.

Thank you.

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC
AJAN
AFEB
AMAR
AAPR
AMAY
AJUN
AJUL
AAUG
ASEP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What's in COA!Q3:Q14?

"luchshel" wrote:Barb

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback; I'm so glad you found that helpful.......

BTW...my beverage of choice is "coffee milk". (It's a regional thing)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"luchshel" wrote:

Barb,

A list of twelve text entries equal to range names I have defined in the
workbook.

AOCT
ANOV
ADEC