Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format Cells for Mins / Secs

I am Trying to format the cells to read only mins and secs. Then I would like
add them together. For example At Work our times are based on 30 minute
increments. So if we go on lunch it shows up like so.
6:30 - 7:00 8:53 (Mins/Secs)
7:00 - 7:30 23:06(Mins/Secs)

I want to be able to format the cells to enter the amount of time a person
has been on lunch and add them together. For Example:

B2 = 8:53 C2 = 23:06 =SUM(b2,c2)=31:59
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chris

Format the cells as FormatcellsNumberCustom hh:mm:ss
Enter your data as 0:8:53 and 0:23:06
=SUM(B2:C2)
will give 00:31:59

--