Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default type a 00 . It keeps changing back to 0

I am trying to do a flow chart on a racing contest we have in a group and
everytime i type 00 it changes it back to 0 or if i type 01 it changes it to
1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pre-format the cells as Text or precede the 00 with an apostrophe.

Same for 01

Alternative.......custom format of 00 then just enter 0 or 1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:13:00 -0700, how do i type a double 0 <how do i type a
double wrote:

I am trying to do a flow chart on a racing contest we have in a group and
everytime i type 00 it changes it back to 0 or if i type 01 it changes it to
1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Custom formats are added by choosing Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and
editing the Type line, in this case to read 00.

To apply the format to another cell you can use the Format Painter, the
Edit, Paste Special, Format command or you will fine it under Format, Cells,
Number tab, Custom at the very bottom of the list.

Warning - custom formats belong to the workbook not Excel so they need to be
created fresh in each workbook or added to the default workbook.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire