Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I don't understand this formula {=TABLE(d19,d21)} - please help

I'm looking at someone else's Excel model and it included what appears to be
a 5x5 table with the following formula: {=TABLE(d19,d21)}

If I change the values in D19 and D21, the table changes, but I can't figure
the source of this function. Anyone know what this function is doing? Your
help would be much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It is part of a 2 variable Data Table found under DataTable

Look up Help for 2 variable Data table and you will see an example with
interest payments against time which will explain it to you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Confused in Virginia" <Confused in
wrote in message
I'm looking at someone else's Excel model and it included what appears
to be
a 5x5 table with the following formula: {=TABLE(d19,d21)}

If I change the values in D19 and D21, the table changes, but I can't
figure
the source of this function. Anyone know what this function is
doing? Your
help would be much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel creates those formulas when the user accesses the Data-Table menu.
That feature allows you to substitute several different value inputs into a
formula or model and Excel calculates the out put for each input (1-way data
table), or each combination of inputs (2-way data table)

Look in Excel's help file for "About data tables"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 1, 7:24 am, Confused in Virginia <Confused in
wrote:
I'm looking at someone else's Excel model and it included what appears to be
a 5x5 table with the following formula: {=TABLE(d19,d21)}

If I change the values in D19 and D21, the table changes, but I can't figure
the source of this function. Anyone know what this function is doing? Your
help would be much appreciated

The problem is that I can't figure out what formula (or where) the
table is drawing from...any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

As I said, look at the help example.
Set one up in the same manner as they show in help on a new sheet and
you will understand it.
The TABLE is a function, as opposed to be being a range of cells. It
takes the parameters that are in D19 and D21 as its inputs.

Work through the built in example.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

ups.com...
wrote:
I'm looking at someone else's Excel model and it included what
appears to be
a 5x5 table with the following formula: {=TABLE(d19,d21)}

If I change the values in D19 and D21, the table changes, but I can't
figure
the source of this function. Anyone know what this function is
doing? Your
help would be much appreciated

The problem is that I can't figure out what formula (or where) the
table is drawing from...any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your help, I figured it out. The creator of the
spreadsheet had a hidden row, and then also chose white as the color
of the print so that there was nothing showing up for the formula.
Once I figured that out, it all became clear. Thanks again.

On Jun 1, 8:45 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
Hi

As I said, look at the help example.
Set one up in the same manner as they show in help on a new sheet and
you will understand it.
The TABLE is a function, as opposed to be being a range of cells. It
takes the parameters that are in D19 and D21 as its inputs.

Work through the built in example.

--
Regards

Roger Govier