Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Frame an Invoice from the data available in a separate sheet of excel

Dear All,

I am new to this group.

I have an excel sheet where in the sales informations (like Invoice #,
quantity, price, name of the party, mode of transport, payment method, due
date, discount etc)in a row and there are several hundred rows.

Now in a separate sheet I want these datas in Invoice format. When I put a
particular row number (like "A15") then the datas relating to that rows will
automatically come into an Invoice format.

Can any one explain how to do it.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Thiru

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 1, 7:48 am, "No News" wrote:
Dear All,

I am new to this group.

I have an excel sheet where in the sales informations (like Invoice #,
quantity, price, name of the party, mode of transport, payment method, due
date, discount etc)in a row and there are several hundred rows.

Now in a separate sheet I want these datas in Invoice format. When I put a
particular row number (like "A15") then the datas relating to that rows will
automatically come into an Invoice format.

Can any one explain how to do it.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Thiru

Design your second spreadsheet as an invoice. Some cells will hold the
values.
One cell will have the invoice number (say A1). In the cell where you
want to bring Qty (which, as you say is in the 2nd column):

=VLOOKUP(A1,'Sales'!A:F,2,0)

We assume that the sheet is cales Sales. Read the documentation on
VLOOKUP for the rest.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Kostis Vezerides.

Noted your explanation and will try it on.

Will post if anything else required.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Thiru