Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF with dates

How can I reference a date from another cell using the SUMIF function? I'm
trying to work with the SUMIF function by referencing the data range of
<=8/27/2007 from another cell. By referencing the date in another cell I get
an answer of Zero which is not correct. I.E. I'm trying to use the
following format: SUMIF(H2:H500,"<=L34",F2:F600) where L34 represent the
date 8/27/2007. The date is derived based on formulas and changes everyday.
If I input the date directly as follows:
SUMIF(H2:H500,"<=8/27/2007",F2:F600) the values will sum properly but does
not provide the ability to change dynamically as needed. I've tried changing
the date format of the referenced cell but still no success. What am I
missing? Is this possible?