Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tj tj is offline

Default File Calculation

I have a 40+MB file that is full of complex functions including lookups, if
statements, and array functions. Under the tools, options menu, calculation
is set to automatic. There are no circular reference errors that I can find.
But the file continuously indicates that it needs to be calculated. If I
press the F9 key, it calculates, but still indicates (at the bottom left-hand
side) that it needs to be calculated. I'm afraid that it may not be
calculating correctly.

In addition, the "trace dependents" function indicates that no cells are
referenced by the active cell when that is not the case. These two problems
appear to be related, but I cannot figure out if there is an easy fix or the
best way to troubleshoot.

Please help.