Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tj tj is offline

Default File Calculation

Yes, I have the following:
=SUMPRODUCT((SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Tab_Names&"'!"&ADD RESS(ROW('S1'!$B$11),COLUMN('S1'!$B$11))),"include ",INDIRECT("'"&Tab_Names&"'!"&ADDRESS(ROW('S1'!G19 6),COLUMN('S1'!G196))))))

This calculation is used to sum data from tabs S1 to S25 only if I've said
to include such cells in the total.

However, I just removed that to see if it helps, and I still have the problem.

I can't find any other volatile formulas.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Do you have any volatile functions like INDIRECT, OFFSET, NOW(), TODAY()
etc?

Peo Sjoblom

"tj" wrote in message
I have a 40+MB file that is full of complex functions including lookups, if
statements, and array functions. Under the tools, options menu,
calculation
is set to automatic. There are no circular reference errors that I can
find.
But the file continuously indicates that it needs to be calculated. If I
press the F9 key, it calculates, but still indicates (at the bottom
left-hand
side) that it needs to be calculated. I'm afraid that it may not be
calculating correctly.

In addition, the "trace dependents" function indicates that no cells are
referenced by the active cell when that is not the case. These two
problems
appear to be related, but I cannot figure out if there is an easy fix or
the
best way to troubleshoot.

Please help.