Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to create a macro to help with lookup.

I want to be able to pull up clients by their name ( i have about 4
thousand clients) and after i do, i want it to show me multiple criterias..
for example.. the "DATE" he came in... HOURS worked.. "CREDIT" and
"COMMENTS." I also want to be able to make adjustments /input more
information if needed with in these criterias.

in these rows i have:

A1
"Client Name"
jose
josh mcarthe
dan bush
etc all the way
down

B1
"time"
1.5
3
1
3
4.25

C1
"Date"
1-12-07
2-04-07
04-08-07
etc

D1
"Credit"
20
25
50
100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I probably would use some named ranges for this and tie those named ranges to
a Validation list. I'm going to give an example for one and you can go from
there.

Insert - Name - Define - Enter "ClientName" (no spaces)
in the RefersTo Box enter
=offset('Sheet1'!A1,1,0,counta('Sheet1'!A:A)-1,1)

THis assumes that you don't have anything after your list for ClientName in
column A.

Enter add and then put your cursor on the offset section to see the range
displayed. You can also display your range with CTRL G and type in the range
name.

For the validation list, Data - Validation - Allow List and then enter
"= ClientName" without the quotation marks.