Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula box character needed

At the top of the worksheet there are two boxes. The box to the left is the
cell reference box. Just to the right of it is a box where a formula appears
or if text, where text appears.

Is there an Excel 2003 character I can insert between two words to force the
second word to automatically €śwrap€ť to the space below (not the next cell):

1
Sells

Right now I have to type 1 with a long space before typing Sells:

1 Sells

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the key combination of ALT ENTER:

1<ALT ENTERSales

Will produce:

1
Sales

This should automatically happen. If it doesn't format the cell to wrap
text:

FormatCellsAlignment tabWrap text

Biff

"David" wrote in message
At the top of the worksheet there are two boxes. The box to the left is
the
cell reference box. Just to the right of it is a box where a formula
appears
or if text, where text appears.

Is there an Excel 2003 character I can insert between two words to force
the
second word to automatically "wrap" to the space below (not the next
cell):

1
Sells

Right now I have to type 1 with a long space before typing Sells:

1 Sells

--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Biff's post for the Alt + Enter.

If you want to add the carriage return in a formula use CHAR(10)

="This is one line" & CHAR(10) & "This is second line"

Format the cell to wrap text and autofit the row and column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP.