Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting data/time cell values

I have an imported set of data which has multiple columns with date/time
format (4/16/2007 8:33:53 AM). I need to sort by date and then count items
with same date, but can't do so because I don't know how to get rid of the
time value. I have found no reference / function in the numerous books, etc
I have that seems to address date/time formats such as this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, but this only changes the format. It still does not allow me to sort
as needed. What I need to be able to do is "strip" the time value from the
cell, leaving only the date. This way I can count date values for a given
date. With the Time value appended to the date value, every cell remains
unique.

Any other suggestions???