JonnieP

Default COUNTIF in one colum then COUNTIF in another...???

(Excel 97/2000)

Hi

I am trying to sort out a spreadsheet which goes like this:

A B C D E F
1 PO Agent Area Date
2 0000 JP Kent 01/01/05
3 0001 AM Surrey 01/01/05

....and so on.

What I want to do is find out how many enteries there are of a particular
agent and between certain dates? I.e. How many times JP appears in column "B"
between 2 dates in column "D".

So far i am using COUNTIF statement to to return how many entries there are
between the dates:

(=COUNTIF(A1:A2500,"="&'CELL')*AND(COUNTIFA1:A250 0,"="&'CELL'))

This appears to be working quite happily, even if the < and seems a bit
strange.

BUT...!!!!! I thought i could add an IF statement in front of this and it
would work in the order i want but i am going round in circles now with this.
I am not totally sure excel can perform what i am asking but any input would
be greatly welcomed.

I am also using an embedded combo box which returns the agent name into
another cell for which i calculate on and lots of other calculations all over
the place if this is any use...

Thanks

John
Jason Morin

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B2500=E1),--(D2:D2500=F1),--
(D2:D2500<=G1))

where E1 = agent, F1 = start date, and G1 = end date.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

.

JonnieP

WOW - Thank you so much for this. I have just been reading about 'SUMPRODUCT'
and thinking it might help but didn't know where to start with it.

At the moment your way works and I will break it down to understand it
better now. Thanks again!!!

John