EAN

Default Last in column formula

I'm trying to get a formula result to return the value in the last filled row
of a column on a worksheet in another book. I've used "LASTINCOLUMN" before,
but can't seem to make it work this time. Additionally, the last row in the
appropriate column contains a subtotal. Could that be throwing me off?

Anyone have any ideas?
Jason Morin

One way, assuming numerical values:

=OFFSET(A1,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)-1,)

For text strings *and* numerical values:

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(IF(ISBLANK(A1:A65535),0,ROW(A1:A655 35))))

Array-entered. Press ctrl + shift + enter. To learn more,
see:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

HTH
Jason