Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drag to fill a formula - problem!

I have a column of names in capitals and want to use the PROPER formula to
convert these to Proper case in the column next to it. However, the
spreadsheet has been sent to me and seems to have a 'bug'. If I fill in the
first entry, then try to drag and fill for the remainder, it repeats the
first name in every cell. There is no constant $ in the formula. I tested
the formula on a completely new spreadsheet using random, not copied, names
and it works fine. Is there something I should check to get my column to
fill properly?