BillC

Default Extracting same column from large number of workbooks

I would like to find a way to extract the same column of data from a large
number of Excel workbooks (formatted identically) and place the columns next
to one another on a single worksheet. How can I do this?
Ron de Bruin

See your other thread Bill

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"BillC" wrote in message ...
I would like to find a way to extract the same column of data from a large
number of Excel workbooks (formatted identically) and place the columns next
to one another on a single worksheet. How can I do this?

Myrna Larson

If the number of workbooks is small enough that you can open them all at once,
you can set up formulas that retrieve a value from another workbook by, in the
destination workbook, typing the equal sign to begin the formula, then
pointing to the cell in the other workbook. Change the row reference to
relative, then copy the formula down. Repeat for the other workbooks.

Otherwise you probably need a VBA macro.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:53:04 -0800, "BillC"
wrote:

I would like to find a way to extract the same column of data from a large
number of Excel workbooks (formatted identically) and place the columns next
to one another on a single worksheet. How can I do this?

BillC

Myrna,

I have a fairly large number of files (up to 128 of them), so this would not
work easily for me. I was able to use the macro pointed out by Ron to do
the job. Thanks for your help!