Jaladino

Default r. venkataraman

Thanks,

And what if I want to have it blank if no entry is made in the relavent cell
(instead of N/A #)

Max

Extending further what R.Venkataraman suggested in your earlier post
(btw, you should have stayed within the same thread, otherwise your post
here would not make much sense <g)

You could try instead in C21:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($B21,$J$21:$J$37,0)),"",VLOOKUP($B2 1,$J$21:$L$37,COLUMNS($A$1
:A1)+1,FALSE))

The above will return the product description in C21 for the product code in
B21. Any unmatched product codes in B21 will return blank: "".

If you also want to likewise return the price for the product code in B21
in D21, just copy C21 across to D21, then format D21 as currency

And if you have yet other product codes in B22, B23, etc
just select C21:D21 and fill down

--
Rgds
Max
"Jaladino" wrote in message
Thanks,

And what if I want to have it blank if no entry is made in the relavent

cell
(instead of N/A #)

--- pasted from earlier thread --------
"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
try this

type in C21

=VLOOKUP(B21,$J$21:$L$37,2,FALSE)

copy this to the other cells in the C column

Jaladino wrote in message
what I did.
A list of product codes from J21:J37 and the product description from
K21:K37 than the price from L21:L37.
In each cell ranging from B21 to B32 I've entered a drop down list
containing the list of product codes. In C21 through C32 I want to

display
the product description which is in the cell right next to the code

selected
in the B column