Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MLK MLK is offline

Default cell lookup

I need to be able to automate looking up values from one column to see if
they exist within a text string in another column.

Ie, cell A3 may contain " C3 ", cell A4 may contain " IPO ", etc etc. I
need to be able to find all instances of values from column A and see if they
are embedded somewhere in column C (column C may contain sentences)

Thanks, Mary-Lou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MLK MLK is offline

Hi, I tried this and it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I need to find all occurences in column C that contains the lookup values in
Column A. There most likely will be more than one occurance. ie if cell
a3 contains " C3 ", I need to identify ALL the rows in column C that contain
C3 somewhere in a text string. Then I need to do the same for all the values
that may reside in column A and compare them again to all the rows.

Column A would contain the BASE data to lookup in Column C.

Thanks, Mary-Lou