Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dragging Data into a new worksheet and arranging it by type

This might be confusing, but any help would be great. I would like to paste a
series of values into a cell and have a coresponding name appear next to it.
For example, if I paste "00-0000-00" into A1 I want excel to assiociate
"00-0000-00" as a "belt" in B1. If I enter "00-0000-01", I would want it to
assiciate it with "knife" and so on. I think using acess would be better for
this application, but I am clueless as to how to use acess. Thanks for your
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help. No I am having a problem with copying data from another
excell file. I highlight and copy data from one file, and then paste it where
I have my vlookup formula, but I don't get any results.