Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format date as text

I have a spreadsheet with columns of dates and times. I need to combine
them into a common cell. For example, I have columns A and B, and want to
generate C::

A B C
1/1 4:00 1/1-4:00
1/2 4:15 1/2-4:15
1/3 4:25 1/3-4:25

When I use =concatenate(a1,"-",b1) in column C I get:
39083-0.195833333333333
39084-0.196527777777778
39085-0.197222222222222

I've tried TEXT(), but can't figure out what text format string to use. I
also tried formatting column C as Text - didn't work

I've searched this newsgroup and the MS knowledgebase to no avail. Can
anyone help?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions