Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel status bar: How did I get 65533 records.

Hit CTRL+END. What cell is selected? That determines the number of records
Excel thinks is in your table.

Essentially, the difference between the number of records you see and the
number of records XL sees has to do with what XL considers the used portion
of the entire worksheet. And XL isn't very good at determining that blank
space is, in fact, blank space.

To resolve this discrepancy, delete all rows below where you know your table
ends, save the document, close it, re-open it, and re-filter. Your
understanding of the extent of your table should now match XL's understanding.

Dave

"sligg" wrote:

I only have 116 line entries in a spreadsheet.

After Data/Filter I end up with this number in the Status Bar:

15 of 65533 records found. This should read
15 of 116 records found.

How do I fix it?