Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help solving problem doing vlookup

this data I use to make it work =vlookup(a11;sheet2!a4:h21;3;false) it works
perfect now. Thanks for help.

"Kathrine" wrote:

Define your range of data in Product Sheet as Productinfo

In invoice sheet, make sure you validate the product code entered in A1 to
match the ones in Product sheet (Data | Validation - select list and refer to
ProductCodearea). This ensures that entries in invoice will have valid
product code. You can have drop down list if you like.

Then, In invoice C1 enter:
=vlookup($A1;Productinfo;3;true/false)
This will retur the value in column 3 from product list. Use True as 4.
argument if product list is always sorted by product code, otherwise false
(not sorted)

Copy formula to the other information columns, and change the column number
in function to retrive the correct information.

"Curtis" wrote:

I have two work sheet set up, one is for invoice and second for Products. On
products worksheet I have column A11 to A100 with product code, C11 to C100
with description, F11 to F100 List price, so on. On invoice sheet I try to
set up like column A 11 to A 100 for product code were type code in and it'll
put data informtion from product worksheet on invoice for description, list
price and ect. I keep getting errors trying to set this up, any solution?