Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vehicle Maintenance Workbook

Perhaps I have an unique approach to creating a vehicle maintenance
workbook.'

Above are cells containing the VIN, Registration date, and 'next oil
change'.
I need help with a function that will track the mileage that I input
and notify me then I need to send the vehicle to maintenance. Maybe
something that will notify me if I type in a mileage equal to or
greater than last known oil change plus 3,000 miles.

The mileage row is the "9"

My worksheet headers are in column 'A'

Mileage:
Invoice:

Any help will be more than gracious, if you need to see my workbook,
please don't hesitate.

*thanks,
Noah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Noah,

With the tick, (or anything else), indicating an oil change in Row 13 under
the millage, at that time, in Row 9:

=OFFSET(A9,0,MATCH((LOOKUP(2,1/(A13:Z13<""),A13:Z13)),A13:Z13)-1)+3000

returns the last oil change maillage + 3000 miles, even if there were more
services and milleages entered after then that did not have oil changes.
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings