Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I FEEL AS IF MY BRAIN IS A CIRCULAR REFERENCE!

If I could please get some help, many I work with will also be thankful!
Here's the situation:

--spreadsheet A, workbook 1 (thousands of rows):
Col.A--00 through 20
Col.B--Acct. No.
Col.C--Title
Col.D--Balance

--spreadsheet B, workbook 2:
I want to search spreadsheet A, Col.A with a value of 01 and Col.D
with a balance not equal to $0. If Col.A's value is 01 and Col.D is not
zero, return the data for that row for all 4 columns.

--spreadsheet C, workbook 3:
Same as above except Col.A = 02.

--etc., etc...

Grazie!!!

--
MVD
San Francisco, California

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One should not solicit the heavens so quickly and without the benefit of the
know!

Different workbooks are used because these spreadsheets are only a part of
the bigger solution and opportunities.

--
MVD
San Francisco, California

"Les Thompson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data starts in A2 (workbook1, SheetA). Type in the following
to cell A2 in Workbook2, SheetB -

=IF(AND([Workbook1.xls]SheetA!$A2=1,[Workbook1.xls]SheetA!$D2<0),[Workbook1.xls]SheetA!A2,"")

Drag the formula across to D2 and then drag it down as far as you have to
go. Similar for other sheets and books

Sandy

.com wrote in message
If I could please get some help, many I work with will also be thankful!
Here's the situation:

--spreadsheet A, workbook 1 (thousands of rows):
Col.A--00 through 20
Col.B--Acct. No.
Col.C--Title
Col.D--Balance

--spreadsheet B, workbook 2:
I want to search spreadsheet A, Col.A with a value of 01 and Col.D
with a balance not equal to $0. If Col.A's value is 01 and Col.D is not
zero, return the data for that row for all 4 columns.

--spreadsheet C, workbook 3:
Same as above except Col.A = 02.

--etc., etc...

Grazie!!!

--
MVD
San Francisco, California

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Sandy:

Many sincere thanks! The official formula turned out to be the following:

=IF(AND('[Trial balance.xls]Sheet1'!$A1="01",'[Trial
balance.xls]Sheet1'!$D1<0),'[Trial balance.xls]Sheet1'!A1,"")

Now where this road ends, another appears. I will not be lazy though and
will do my research first before beseeching help. Again, thank you.
--
MVD
San Francisco, California