Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Square a value

Can anyone show me how to write a formula to square a value in another cell?
--
Barry Guidry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=POWER(A1,2)

=A1*A1

=A1^2

HTH

"Barry" wrote:

Can anyone show me how to write a formula to square a value in another cell?
--
Barry Guidry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1^2
=2^2 etc.

The ^ symbol indicates exponentiation. If you're raising to a fractional
power (or taking a root other than the square root, parentheses are
important; i.e., =A1^(1/3) etc.

Dave

"Barry" wrote:

Can anyone show me how to write a formula to square a value in another cell?
--
Barry Guidry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=power(A16,2)

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Barry" wrote in message
Can anyone show me how to write a formula to square a value in another
cell?
--
Barry Guidry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, but I found it by clicking on the drop-down list of functions to the
left of the fx enter window and searching for "square a value", which
returned the 'POWER' function, which is =POWER(Number, Power)
--
Barry Guidry