Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel help

How can i create a table in excel and display the table in a word document.
I need the table to update as the data in the excel doc changes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From help in MS Word on "link to excel"

Select the data or chart you want to copy.
Click Copy .
Switch to Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint.
Click in the document or presentation where you want to put the Microsoft Excel
data or chart, and do one of the following:
Paste the data into Word

Click Paste on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options
that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the
Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.).
Click Paste Options next to the data, and then do one of the following:
To paste the data as a Word table, click Match Destination Table Style or Keep
Source Formatting.

Note this part*************************************

To paste a link to the Excel data, so that the data in the Word document is
updated whenever you change the data in the original Excel workbook, click Match
Destination Table Style and Link to Excel or Keep Source Formatting and Link to
Excel.

End Note*****************************************
To paste the data as text with each row in a separate paragraph and tabs
separating the cell values, click Keep Text Only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:53:00 -0700,
wrote:

How can i create a table in excel and display the table in a word document.
I need the table to update as the data in the excel doc changes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create and save the table in excel. In word, place your insertion point
where you want the excel table to go and then choose insert, object from the
menu bar or ribbon. This will open a dialog box - choose create from file
and then browse to select the appropriate file. Check link to file and click
okay. Your excel table should now be displayed in your word document and
will update as excel does, or each time you open the word doc. Be aware that
if you link files and need to transport or transmit the file containing
links, make sure to include the link source file as well.

" wrote:

How can i create a table in excel and display the table in a word document.
I need the table to update as the data in the excel doc changes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't get much more specific than...........copy the range to Word and "Link to
Excel" when you paste but you may have trouble if you don't have the Show Paste
Options Button appear.

Make sure in Word you have ToolsOptionsEdit "Show Paste Options Button"
checkmarked.

After pasting click on that button and select one of the two "Link to Excel"
options.

Gord

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:42:00 -0700,
wrote:

I need more specific instructions please, I am using xp

From help in MS Word on "link to excel"