Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF function help

I have a spreadsheet whereby i calculate whether the employee has worked
Dayshift (D) or Twilight Shift (T), based on the times. However sometimes the
empoloyees type in FL or F1 (for Flexi-time) and i need to change either of
these into D. I understand it is using the IF function, i.e. if they only
typed in FL i would enter: IF (AA4="FL","D" AA4) but i am not sure how to do
this for both FL and F1 in the same calculation.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF (OR(AA4="FL",AA4="F1"),"D" AA4)

regards,
Stefi

€˛becky250€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a spreadsheet whereby i calculate whether the employee has worked
Dayshift (D) or Twilight Shift (T), based on the times. However sometimes the
empoloyees type in FL or F1 (for Flexi-time) and i need to change either of
these into D. I understand it is using the IF function, i.e. if they only
typed in FL i would enter: IF (AA4="FL","D" AA4) but i am not sure how to do
this for both FL and F1 in the same calculation.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure you want to look for F1 (as in F number one), and not Fl (F
lower case L)? In the latter case, your existing formula will find it
(though you need to correct the syntax error, presumably a missing comma?).
If it is the former, then Stefi's OR() answer is what you want.
--
David Biddulph