Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help debugging a VLOOKUP and MATCH combo

I'm experiencing a programmer's nightmare...

I have a function that sometimes works, and sometimes
NOT. I'd rather it work or not 100%. If anyone is willing to
look at my worksheets, please respond via e-mail and I'll
send them to you. It's just 2 pages, with no macros. It deals
with VLOOKUP and MATCH function combo, as described
in this arthicle. I follow the example exactly, and I even
prototyped it with simple data that worked.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/arc....mspx?mfr=true

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can send the file to me and I'll take a look.

xl can help at comcast period net

Remove "can" and change the obvious.

Point out what is working and what is not.

Biff

"Zilla" wrote in message
I'm experiencing a programmer's nightmare...

I have a function that sometimes works, and sometimes
NOT. I'd rather it work or not 100%. If anyone is willing to
look at my worksheets, please respond via e-mail and I'll
send them to you. It's just 2 pages, with no macros. It deals
with VLOOKUP and MATCH function combo, as described
in this arthicle. I follow the example exactly, and I even
prototyped it with simple data that worked.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/arc....mspx?mfr=true

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The problem was that the range_lookup argument was omitted thereby
defaulting to 1 or TRUE and the lookup table was not sorted ascending.

Set the range_lookup value to 0 (FALSE) and it worked just fine.

Biff