Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to force B1 not equal A1???

Any VBA or vanilla excel formula to make the
above check if both A1 and B1 are validated
using the same drop-down list?

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A very quick way to give an alert, but not to prevent, would be to use
Conditional Formatting
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Zilla" wrote in message
Any VBA or vanilla excel formula to make the
above check if both A1 and B1 are validated
using the same drop-down list?

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about selecting A1:B1 then:

Edit Goto Special Data Validation Same

and check if the selection remains the same. Or in code:

?
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeSameValidation).C ount=Selection.Count

(executed in the immediate window)

On 16 Mar, 12:47, "Zilla" wrote:
Any VBA or vanilla excel formula to make the
above check if both A1 and B1 are validated
using the same drop-down list?

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks.

In your first suggestion, what do you mean by "and
check if the selection remains the same"? I did the
Edit-.... procedure to no avail, but this probably
b/c of the mis-interpreted info from you.

With your second suggestion, I just cut/paste what
you typed put it into the VBA editor, and but I still
can choose the same value for both cells off the
drop-down list.

BTW, I said A1/B1, but I really wanted col A/col B.

oups.com...